Thursday 27 April 2023

Relationship w/ Technology


I overall believe that my relationship with technology is not the healthiest. Most of the things I do rely on some type of technology whether it be programming a game, sending a text message, or even writing this blog post. 

Let's talk about my day for this semester only, more specifically my Monday, Wednesday, and Friday schedule. I start at 7:00 AM waking up and doing my daily routine. Around 7:30 AM, I am checking emails and text messages I might have received when I was asleep. 7:50 AM - 3:10 PM I am mainly on the computer doing some type of work for each of my classes. From 3:30 PM to about 9:00 PM, I do any work that I could not get done in between my classes. From there I am either on my phone or watching tv until I fall asleep, ranging from 9:00 PM to 2:00 AM. It is very noticeable that my usual day relies heavily on technology. 

You could say based on a sample of my schedule that my relationship is probably the most unhealthiest thing ever. However, this is because most of the classes I take rely heavily on technology. As mentioned in my About Me section I am a game design major. Since most games in today's society are video games, they rely on some type of technology and since it relies on technology it forces me to use it a lot more.

I kinda don't really think about how reliant I am on technology. I feel as if it is society's norm that everyone is excessively on technology in some way, shape, or form. It sometimes worries me when I am using technology for extracurricular activities such as entertainment purposes but any other time it slips my mind. 

I have mixed feelings about the information that can be found on the internet. I sometimes believe that some sites can be trusted but at the same time, I believe that other sites are not to be trusted like sites that are able to be changed by anyone (ie Wikipedia). When it comes to news or doing research, I try to use sites that end in .gov(government), .org(nonprofit), or .edu(educational). Even so at times when I do look at research or news I look at multiple sites to see if everything lines up. 

As for my digital footprint, when it comes to actual photos of me there is not a lot to be seen. Any pictures that show up that are actual pictures of me are action pictures of me playing basketball from high school. So there really is no ill digital footprint of me from any social media, but there may be a much bigger digital footprint from online shopping. 

I have not really done online shopping until recently. I kinda did not like the idea of the fact that my bank can see what I purchase where I made a purchase and when I purchased it. I never really had a credit card until I got into college. Since I do not have a car, I tend to order things like food and clothes to solve those problems.

To me, at least my relationship with technology is not as bad as the video, "Are You Lost In The World Like Me". 

I believe that my relationship with technology is unhealthy but there is really nothing I can truly avoid being on technology for very long. I mean this in a way that I can not succeed in my career path if I limit my technology use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relationship w/ Technology

I overall believe that my relationship with technology is not the healthiest. Most of the things I do rely on some type of technology whethe...